End of transition period for digital identification form is approaching
Over the past few months, various systems have been developed to facilitate this transition, and the transition period ends on December 31st. With QEOS, you are fully prepared for the new regulations, avoiding any potential fines.
Use of digital identification form
We'd like to provide some context about the new obligations. Some time ago, a decision was made to enhance monitoring of waste processing and transportation. Driven by digitization, it was decided to make identification forms (IDFs) mandatory for digital record-keeping starting in 2023.
What should such an IDF contain?
- Unique tracking number starting with a three-letter code identifying the system used to create the identification form;
- Date of transport;
- Name and address of the person responsible for waste production and the address of waste shipment;
- Name, address, and registration number of the collector, waste dealer, or broker (IHM), if applicable;
- Name, address, and registration number of the transporters;
- Name, address, and identification number of the processor, specifying the nature of processing (R- or D-code), using the R- and D-codes of the next step in processing;
- Description, quantity in tons, and EURAL codes of the waste materials;
- Geolocation of the start of transport and the geolocation of waste delivery by the collector, waste dealer, or broker, or the waste producer arranging for their own waste.
Who is responsable for the IDF?
The responsibility for creating and maintaining the content of the IDF lies with the collector, waste dealer, or broker (IHM). However, this responsibility can also fall upon the waste producer who arranges their own waste management. A copy of the identification form must be retained by all parties for a minimum of 5 years. The form must be accessible during transportation, and the start and end can be recorded using the digital version.
QEOS supports in transition
QEOS ensured a smooth transition to the mandatory digital identification form. We've readied our systems accordingly, integrating OVAM's requirement into our onboard computer well in advance. This ensures compliance, making it very user-friendly to register every waste transport.
Not prepared for the transition yet?
Contact us for more information on the solutions offered by QEOS. Our applications can be adapted to your activities.
Read more about digital identification of waste
Digital identification of waste documents from 2023